ARTUR DUTKIEWICZ - jazz pianist and composer, called the "Ambassador of Polish jazz" (Jazz Forum Magazine 12/2012),
One of the most frequently performing Polish jazz musicians abroad.
He has performed in nearly 70 countries around the world, from the USA through Europe, Africa to China, Australia and New Zealand.
He was born in 1958 in Pińczów (Świętokrzyskie Province). He is an Honorary Citizen of this city.
He was awarded the silver medal for Merit to Culture - Gloria Artis.
He graduated with honors from the Jazz Department of the Academy of Music in Katowice.
Laureate of many music competitions in Poland and abroad.
Finalist of the prestigious Thelonious Monk International Competition in Washington.
He was the first Polish jazz musician to have his recital at MIDEM in Cannes in 1988. with broadcast on Radio France.
In the 90s he often stayed in France, performing there with renowned French musicians: Pierre Michelot and Alain Brunet
and also with the legendary Polish saxophonist Tomasz Szukalski.
He has performed with great musicians, including for 25 years with Tomasz Szukalski, in the Quartet and the Duet,
with Zbigniew Namysłowski, Jan Ptaszyn Wróblewski, Tadeusz Nalepa, Urszula Dudziak, Grażyna Auguścik,
Deborah Brown, Lora Szafran, Michelle Hendrics, Carlos Johnson.
Artur Dutkiewicz performs SOLO and has been running his own band ARTUR DUTKIEWICZ TRIO for many years.
His latest albums "Mazurki", "Prana" and "Traveler" were enthusiastically received by listeners and critics.
He has performed at dozens of music festivals around the world, including: Jazz Jamboree - Warsaw,
Munster Jazz Festival, Northsea Jazz Festival - The Hague, Copenhagen Jazz Festival, Festival Opera De Paris,
Sziget Festival - Budapest, Int. Jazz Pianists Festival - Kalisz, Jazz Plaza - Havana,
Polish Film Festival - Los Angeles, Glasgow Jazz Festival, Thesaloniki Ethno Festival, Duesseldorf Jazz Rally,
World Culture Festival - Berlin, Notturni in Palestro Festival - Milan, Sonidos Urbanos - Lima, BJ Ninegates
Jazz Festival - Pekin, Kontu Festival - Helsinki, Quimera Festiwal - Mexico, Utsav Jazz Festival - New Delhi,
Melbourne Int. Jazz Festival, Wellington Int. Jazz Festival, Izmir Jazz Festival, Chopin au Jardin - Paris.,
Baku Int. Jazz Festival, Paderewski Int. Festival - Warsaw
In 2011, Artur Dutkiewicz performed at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin at the World Culture Festival
where he arranged and played, among pianists from all over the world, a work for 30 pianos.
The concert, attended by approximately 35,000 people, was an expression
respect for the diversity of cultures and a message of peace for the world.
He also performed on the stage of the innovative Ryszard Gwalbert Miśek Instrumental Theater
performing there as an actor and musician (the so-called muzitor), co-creating music for the plays "Kafka's Process" and "Tenant's Dance".
Since 1987, he has been teaching piano at the International Jazz Workshops in Puławy and Chodzież.
He often sat on the jury of the International Jazz Pianists Competition in Kalisz.
In 2006 and 2008 he was chairman of the jury at the International Jazz Improvisation Competition in Vilnius.
He has run many MasterClass for students around the world .
Recent major concerts:
• PHILIPPINES Tour 2019
• Katara European Jazz Festival - Qatar 2019
• Cineast Festival - Luxembourg 2019
• Polish Film Festival - Izola / Slovenia 2019
• Mapocho Recoletta Jazz Festival - Santiago de Chile 2018
• National Philharmonic - Warsaw 2017
• Paderewski Int. Festival - Warsaw 2017
• Chopin au Jardin Festival - Paris 2017
• Denmark Radio Concert Hall - Copenhagen 2017
• De Lamar House - New York 2017
• Izmir European Jazz Festival - Turkkey 2017
• CANADA TRIO TOUR 2016 / Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary /
• AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND SOLO TOUR 2016 / Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Wellington, Hamilton, Auckland, Tauranga, Waiheke Island /
• Utsav Int. Jazz Festival - New Delhi 2015
• AUSTRALIA TOUR 2015 / Adelaide / Brighton Concert Hall, Perth Int. Jazz Festival, Melbourne Int. Jazz Festival, Brisbane Int. Jazz Fest., Sydney / Foundry 616 /
• Wellington Int. Jazz Festival, 2015
• Salihara Theater - Jakarta 2015
• Palacio Foz - Lisbon 2015
• St. Katarine Church Concert Hall - Vilnius 2015
• Festival de Jazz Europeau - Brasilia 2015
• EuroJazz Festival - Mexico City 2015
• ASIAN TOUR 2014 / China, Thailand, Vietnam /
• Auditori Axa, Barcelona 2014
• Sudashiri Sobha Concert Hall - Bangkok 2014
• Polish Jazz For Budapest Festival - Budapest 2013
• Quimera Festival - Mexico 2013
• Kontu Festival - Helsinki 2013
• Music Conservatory - Moscow 2013
• Jazz Bez Festiival - Lvov, Philharmonic Hall 2012
• A-Train Jazz Club - Berlin 2012
• BJ Ninegates Jazz Festival - Beijing 2012
• ASIAN TOUR 2012 / China, Singapore, India /
• Hue Festival - Vietnam 2012
• BALKAN TOUR / Slovenia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Albania / 2012
• Mersin Music Festival - Turkey 2012
• Dusseldorf Jazz Rally Festival 2011
• Salle de Moliere - Lyon 2011
• World Culture Festival - Berlin 2011
• Notturni in Palestro Festival - Milan 2011
• Sonidos Urbanos Festival - Lima 2011
• Katzen Art Center - Washington 2010
• Glasgow Jazz Festival 2010
• Ethno Jazz Festival - Thessaloniki 2010
• Porgy & Bess - Vienna 2010
• The National Opera - Beijing 2010
• CHINA TOUR 2010 / Beijing, Guangzhou,
Shenzhen, Hong Kong Concert Halls /
The Blue Path - Artur Dutkiewicz Solo Piano
Lady Walking - Artur Dutkiewicz Electric Concert
Hendrix Piano - Artur Dutkiewicz Trio
Niemen Improvisations - Artur Dutkiewicz Trio
Mazurkas - Artur Dutkiewicz Solo Piano
Prana - Artur Dutkiewicz Trio
Traveler - Artur Dutkiewicz Trio
Tina Blues and Body and Soul with Tomasz Szukalski
Double Trouble - with Deborah Brown and Zbigniew Namysłowski
Sunrise Sunset - with Grażyna Auguścik
V oice Paintings - with Marek Bałata
The oldest occupation in the world and a broken film with Tadeusz Nalepa
Bogurodzica - with Piotr Baron.
interview for TVP: https://youtu.be/rENKLc-YH60
Dutkiewicza-przez-Braslie - Europe - Asia - na-Antypody.html